Daylesford's Sunday Market
The Daylesford Sunday Market is currently running as a limited market due to the COVID-19 crisis.
On Sunday the 24th of October the market will be open to all stallholders and patrons not currently in lockdown. Melbourne based stallholders will be permitted to return on the 7th of November. Trains will not be running on the 24th of October.
Covid rules apply, including -
- You must check in at the entrances, QR code and paper check in will be available.
- Please wear a face mask at all times.
- Social distancing is a must, at least 1.5 metres at all times.
- Practice good hygiene, avoid direct contact with anyone not from your household.
Do NOT Come If -
- You are experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- You are waiting on a Covid 19 test result.
- You have been in close contact with someone waiting on a Covid 19 test result.
- You have been in contact with a positive Covid 19 case.
- You have been directed to isolate.
Do Come If -
- You want to shop for your weeks food in an open air outdoor market with plenty of room to distance from others.
- You want to support our local producers, the many small businesses that trade at the market and our local economy.
We strongly recommend wearing a face mask while on market grounds. All stallholders and patrons are required to abide by all current COVID-19 rules and regulations, including but not limited to - Keep at least 1.5 metres between each other, practice good hygiene, stay home if you feel at all unwell, do use our hand sanitiser located at the entrances and around the market, do avoid large groups of people, do not touch stallholders products unless you are buying that specific product and large groups will not be permitted entry. Do support our small businesses but do so in the safest possible manner.
The Daylesford Sunday Market is run by the Daylesford Spa Country Railway and together they are a popular attraction for locals and visitors alike. Running for over 39 years it has become an institution in the Daylesford region. Led by the volunteers at the railway we are a not for profit charity that supports the town of Daylesford and its surrounds. We are also a dog friendly market.
We run every Sunday of the year, rain, hail, snow or shine with two exceptions. If the market falls on Christmas day or a "Code Red" (the highest fire warning level) fire danger day in the central district we will not operate. The market opens at 8am and winds down from 1pm with a close time of 3pm. These times are affected by weather, if it is pouring rain or stinking hot the market will wind down and close earlier.
For more on the trains please go to the Daylesford Spa Country Railway website - DSCR
Follow Us On Instagram!